Have you come to a point when you have nothing to talk to a person, and the silence is... awkward. Yes, awkward. I guess when that person does not have the same wavelength as you, or "chemistry" as you or common topic to discuss... such awkward silence is common. Even with close friends, there will still be moments of silence. Cos both of you can't be talking ALL the time. The difference is that, the silence is not awkward as with some people that you don't really know. It is a comfortable silence. Then again, there are different types of people. 1) Telephone talkers. 2) MSN chatters. 3) Real-life conversation. Which are you? I think I belong to more of real-life conversation and telephone. Occasionally I will chat on MSN, which is quite frequent nowadays considering that I am staying in hostel, and I can't talk long on hp cos of the bill (unless the person calls in, cos I have free-incoming.... hohoho....=P) The thing about telephone is that I can hog on the phone for hours... From occupying the phone on my study desk to lying on bed and chatting, at the risk of dozing off.... I used to think that telephone is an essential part of my life, but staying in hostel has made me think otherwise... Oh well, whatever is the case, communication is important. It's part and parcel of human life. The very basic element in relationship bonding (family, friends etc...) is the very heart of communication.
<< Home